Friday, November 11, 2011

Made a simple but yummo dinner tonight! We're on a tight budget in our house. I'm on maternity leave, and Adrian's income is irregular being a musician. So i'm always on the lookout for budget recipes, and tonight's creation was Savoury Mince Curry. I know, it doesn't sound very appetizing, but it was a hit, especially with my live in food critic (A)! Mince is always stocked in our freezer, so i like finding new ways to cook with it! Anyways, here is the recipe, minus the food pics because i'm not very good at them...

Savoury Mince Curry:
500g beef mince
1 onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tblsp curry powder
1 tin condensed tomato soup
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup water
1 cup frozen peas
1 carrot, grated

1. Chop onion and garlic, heat in pan with some olive oil until lightly brown. Add mince and brown.
2. Add curry powder. Then soup, stock and water and bring to boil.
3. Add peas and carrot, and simmer 20 mins.
Serve with rice and chapati bread. Easy as! Mild flavour great for the kiddies.

Anyways, back to scrapping! First is my entry for this months room challenge at Scrap Therapy, November is Christmas themed rooms:


Here is the room i was inspired by:


I'm not entirely happy with my layout, but i know if i fiddle with it too much i'll ruin it!
I used Pink Paislee 'tinsel town' papers, and the beautiful poinsietta is prima.

This layout is my entry for this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls:

Here is the criteria:

SO NOVEMBER'S CHALLENGE IS.....
PINK AS THE DOMINANT COLOUR
MULTIPLE PICS
POLKA DOTS

This is Sophia, just hours after she was born. I scrapped these photos ages ago, but i wasn't happy with the layouts, so i've done them again. Here i've used papers from my stash i got years ago, 2003 i think! I have no idea who the manufacturer is... No idea why i bought baby papers all those years ago, glad i can put them to use now!

That's all for now. 
Thanks for stopping by my little ol' blog!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts...love the flower cluster on the STG one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are so sweet Erin. Love the touches of green in the STG LO. thanks for joining in for our November challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete